Thursday 6 January 2011

Warm Weather Training

Yesterday I arrived in Stellenbosch, South Africa, for a 3 week period of warm weather training. I have been looking forward to this for ages - my coach will finally let me a) Start running quick, and b) have more recovery!

Interesting flight over, where I somehow got upgraded to Premium Economy. It was really nice, a lot more comfortable than normal economy. I even managed a good 5 hours sleep, and watched 3 good films.

Warm weather training is useful as it allows you to focus completely on training, without any distractions, such as washing up, cooking, seeing friends, household chores, etc. Its also really motivating, as it puts you in a high-performance environment with plenty of other like minded athletes. You can also get good quality rest, as again there are no distractions.

So, my plans for the next 3 weeks are to train hard, get some good quality physio, get some good quality rest, and have a really good quality diet, and hopefully that will stand me in good stead for the indoor season!

No comments:

Post a Comment