Thursday 12 August 2010

The Story of 2010

Well, 2010 has been a very disappointing year for me, on so many levels. I started off with high hopes of making both the European Championship and Commonwealth Games teams, however, poor form limited me in only getting selected for the relay at the Europeans. Whilst out in Portugal, at the pre-games training camp, I then picked up a slight hamstring injury. Fortunately, the UKA medical staff are truly world class, and managed to get me into good enough condition to run in the relay, where I was given second leg. In the relay, things were going really well, and we were winning our heat, until the final changeover, where disaster struck, and the changeover was messed up a bit. This lead to us failing to qualify for the final, putting paid to my big hopes of getting a European Gold medal. Sitting in the stands for the final was a very hard experience for me, but one that I felt I had to go through in order to fire myself up for training.

Since returning back from the Europeans, my hamstring injury has worsened slightly, and so as a precaution I have had to withdraw from all remaining races this season. This gives a disappointing end to a very disappointing season, but I promise I will look very hard at what things need to change, and I will come back better than ever.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment